verse of the day

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Foolish dog. [ John 3 v16]

I was driving home from church when I noticed a little dog standing in the road, as I drew near to it,it did not budge,,so I slowed down, and stopped to see why this little dog was standing there oblivious to all around it,especially the danger of getting knocked down. The answer was a cat , that stood not far from it,I shouted at it,clapped my hands, that woke it up , and it soon ran away from danger.I thought of that little dog,how it could have been killed or seriously injured,because it ignored the oblivious danger it was in,well what do you expect from a dog. This incident made me think how millions of people are so careless to the danger they are facing ,like that little dog,their minds ,often there whole beings are taken up with the things of time,and all the time they are but a breath away from a lost eternity.Christmas  and Easter come and goes ,occasions that tell forth  the the fact that a Saviour has come,to seek and save the lost.The verse of an old Gospel puts it like this, /I once was a stranger to grace and to God,I knew not my danger, and felt not my load/.If you know not Christ you are in great danger,for it is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgement,I hope and pray that this little word may cause you to think,and to flee from the wrath to come, by trusting Jesus as your Saviour.
A  prayer..../ Dear God have mercy,for you are merciful,on the many who appear oblivious to their eternal danger, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: