verse of the day

Monday 15 May 2017

Suicide [Acts 16 v27-31 ]

I remember years ago a well known minister committed suicide, working as I did for many years, with mentally ill people, I have known people who committed suicide. I have known a number of people who have attempted suicide.  Death is hard enough to cope with, but suicide brings with it extra pain for those near to the person. Our dear Lord told us not to judge, we need to take these words to heart as regards those who commit suicide, and pray for those affected by such a sad death. Recently I was told of a young girl who was in continual pain, who attended an alpha course, which is a
helpful way of introducing people to what it means to becoming a Christian.
This dear girl attended and trusted Jesus, wonderful, but it appeared her suffering was to much for her, and she committed suicide. I believe the good thing  in all this, she is with the Lord, I am not going to judge her,but
as I write this I offered up a little prayer for her family and friends. Let me
finish by saying ,God can help you, suicide is not the answer.

                                         A prayer.
Dear God  help those who are suffering, be it mentally, physically, or emotionally, have mercy upon them, may they look to you Lord Jesus,
comfort all those who have been affected by the suicide of a loved one or friend, in Jesus name I ask this Amen.

No comments: