verse of the day

Thursday 7 January 2016

You may be confused.[ Isaiah 55 v 8-9 ]

In this week ,a lady I know who was suffering from cancer ,has been told that the treatment has been successful,I will share the background to this at a later date. Another lady I know who had cancer ,has died,both these ladies knew the Lord,one was spared the other was not.Sometimes when things happen we struggle,to cope ,both these ladies were godly ladies,but one was spared the other taken.As I prayed about these things,I admitted to being confused,and the Lord said to me,you may be confused,life is full of so many confusing things.When we read Gods word we see people who experienced tragedy's as well as triumphs.People of God who suffered injustices,betrayal,consider Job,the awful loss's he experienced,and then being told by his friends that he was to blame,which of course he wasn't. I could go on giving examples,but let me return to what the Lord said to me,about being confused,because we have to appreciate that we are not God
we are very limited human beings,unlike us God is not confused,He knows what He is doing.I love a good mystery ,Agatha Christie is one my favourite authors,but that's fiction,entertainment,but real life mysteries,can throw me,
like the ones I have mentioned.It is then I have to remind myself of the wonderful Biblical truth,that God is sovereign,that means He is in control,
that He has a plan for all our lives,even though it may involve severe loss, a dark valley experience.
                                           A prayer.
Dear God help us by your grace to cope with loss,or whatever trials we have to face,replace confusion with trust,pain with healing,and hope where there is despair,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: