verse of the day

Friday 8 April 2011

I wish. [Genesis 50v20/ Romans 8 v28 ]

I wonder have you ever heard yourself saying ,I wish, in relation to to some action or decision that you made,and you think ,I wish I had not taken that decision ,or action. Take Joseph there must have been a moment when He may have said,I wish I had not found my brothers,that fateful day,when my father sent me to see if they were well [Genesis 37v14]. Or on that other occasion when he went into his masters house,and was propositioned by his masters wife.[Gen 39v11],he did the right thing, and yet ended up in jail. I am certain that there are many of us and as we look at our lives, we see occasions when we think ,I wish . The fact of the matter is we cannot change the past,those actions ,decisions we have taken, but what can we do?. Well if we are a child of God, let us not despair,let us not act in a way that may cause us more pain, and take heart, from the words of Joseph, when speaking to his brothers, God meant it unto good[Gen 50 v20 ].[ God and Father,help us not to keep wishing our lives away, because of the past,help us to trust You to overrule in all things for our good, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: