verse of the day

Friday 29 April 2011

Close to Thee. [ Psalm 23 ]

I thought on those wonderful words from Psalm 31v 14-15, which read ,/Thou art my God. My times are in thy hands/. These words were written by David in a time of trouble,David had to contend with so many things, lions, bears, giants, king Saul, a disgruntled wife, a rebellious son , the death of his three sons. Inspite of all of these things, David had a relationship with God , and that relationship sustained him, there where times when he was overwhelmed by sorrow,but in his God he found comfort and strength. Whatever we are facing let us take encouragement from David, that the one thing that will sustain us is ,our relationship with our God,and our Saviour. Anna L. Waring wrote, In heavenly love abiding ,no change my heart shall fear,and safe in such confiding, for nothing changes here. The storm may roar about me,my heart may low be laid, but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?. [ Dear God help me cling to You,to walk with You, to talk with You ,come what may,in Jesus name ,we ask this . Amen ]

No comments: