verse of the day

Thursday 14 April 2011

Easter cards. [ Luke 12 v49 -53 ]

I was annoyed yesterday, I was in an Asda,s store , and was looking for an Easter card, but all I could find was cards with the Easter bunny on them,and other rubbishy things. I supposed they are trying to be politically correct, I wonder what is political correctness?, is it trying to mould us into a society that accepts what everyone does,and seeks to play down our differences,yes and to put down, any who appear to create waves. Where did this political correctness come from? not from God, thats for sure, but then the times we live in ,is a secular age. As a Christian I am called to be tolerant, but not tolerant of sin , or error,not tolerant of those who would try to stop me sharing my faith. Jesus is Lord, not political correctness, and it is Him we must obey, even it makes those around us uncomfortable. [ Dear God help us not to be squeezed into the mould of the society we live in,help us to live for You, to be light in this dark world, to be salt in this corrupt world, in Jesus name. Amen

No comments: