verse of the day

Saturday 23 April 2011

Friendship [ John 15 v 13-15 ]

It is nice to hear from old friends, friendship is important to most of us, it must be sad to have no friends, to feel that no one cares. I think of the story of the prodigal son , he ended up friendless, yes it was his own fault. In Proverbs 17 v17, we read, a friend loveth at all times,many so called friends fail in this,they are no longer our friends,mybe they were not really our friends. I give thanks for the many people who have been my friend,I still pray for some of them,even though they are no longer around, and I wonder how they are keeping.In Proverbs 18 v24 we read , there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother, we would all like a friend like that, well the good news is ,we can have one, His name is Jesus, in the words of a gospel song,He is my forever friend,and He can be yours to. To have Him as your friend, He must first of all become your Saviour,and Lord,then you will have a true friend who will, never leave you,who will always have time for you,who will always listen to you, will protect you,provide for you, sometimes tell you when you are wrong, and put you right. If you want Him as your friend,then here is a prayer you can pray. [Dear Lord Jesus come and be my Saviour and my forever friend Amen ]

No comments: