verse of the day

Tuesday 12 April 2011

An antidote to fear. [Psalm 91 ]

Recently I have had a few near misses when driving,only yesterday a car could have crashed into me, yes driving is a hazardous activity.But of course many aspects of life are dangerous, there are many accidents in homes, in work places, one wonders are there ,is there, any totally safe places?. If we dwell to much on the dangers ,we would not get up out of bed,and yet consider how many people die in bed. Let us not be driven by such fears,or controlled by fear, of anything ,save the fear of the Lord. Is there an antidote to fear?, yes trust in the Lord,we read these words in Psalm 91[ Do read this Psalm it will quell your fears], in verse 2 , /I will say of the Lord ,He is my refuge and my fortress ,my God, in Him will I trust/. Here we have a statement that declares his confidence in the Lord,let us follow his example, let us declare this,and let us trust and not be afraid. [ Dear God let us not be controlled by fear, grant us grace to put our confidence , and trust in You , in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: