verse of the day

Tuesday 5 April 2011

The cross.[ 1 Corinthians 1 v23 ]

I am sure we all get offended at times ,I do ,for different reasons,a number of years ago while visiting my son and family in Ibeza, I bought a cross. Now I have worn that little cross ever since,I was very self conscious about this as a Ulster man and with me being an evangelical,it may seem a small thing to openly wear a cross, but to me it was not. Generally people dont say much about it,although a few people if truth were told where offended at me wearing the cross. I think it is because they see me ,an evangelical doing something that evangelicals dont do. It is a strange thing that Christians become offended as regards me wearing a cross, It was the apostle Paul who wrote, God forbid that I should glory ,save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.[Galation6 v14] Why did he say that?,because on that cross Jesus died for our sins,that cross tells us we cannot do anything to save ourselves, and I stress anything. The death of Christ on the cross, was a saving act,it means that when we trust in Jesus, He will save us. Today look to what the cross really means, a Saviour dying for you, and ask Him to be your Saviour.[ Dear God we rejoice thank You for Jesus Your Son who died on a cross to save us Amen ]

No comments: