verse of the day

Sunday 3 January 2010

Simple faith [ Hebrews 11]

A friend bought me a book for Christmas,written by Professor Edgar Andrews called,/ Who made God?/, I am enjoying reading it, I am at page 69, so I cannot give a full accessment of it. The author appears to be challenging those people who say science proves there is no God,and the wider argument that is no God. Going back to my Bible college days I remember being told we could not prove that there is a God,for me personally as the apostle Paul points out, Gods creation,is an evidence,[ Romans 1v20]. It is right that the no goders are challenged,but in the end for us Christians it is simply a matter of faith, Hebrews 11v3, reads,/ By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at Gods command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen/, also v6 reads,/Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists/.[ Dear God we come to You in simple faith, we surrender our intellect to You, help us by Your grace to not give up our faith, but to trust in You with all our hearts, in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: