verse of the day

Monday 18 January 2010

Mental illness. [Psalm 23 ]

I must confess I sat up and watched the snooker last night, which I really enjoyed, but I suppose I will be tired today. As a young man I used to play snooker , so I know just how hard it is to play, and it makes one appreciate the skill those young men displayed in the final of the Masters. Two shots by R O Sullivan really stood out, a shot into the side pocket, and a snooker within the lip of a pocket. It is interesting to note that R O Sullivan suffers from mental health problems, and yet there he is one of the best players in the world. Mental illness gets a very bad press, yet it is but an illness, not a nice illness for often it does not go away, so thats why I suppose I admire people like R O Sullivan, people who inspite of their problems manage to cope, and even be successful. [ Dear God we pray for all who suffer from mental illness, that You would help them, to not only live a normal life but also to excel in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: