verse of the day

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Be careful [John 14 v6 ]

I mentioned recently that I saw the movie Avatar and I felt a bit of unease with it, so it was interesting when I saw a headline in the Daily Mail,/ A word on Avatars/. Seemingly the word Avatar originates out of Hindu tradition ,referring to the descent of the god Vishnu descending in human or animal form to restore righteousness on earth. There are ten Avatars , the most famous is Krisna,so read the letter to the Mail. I know we can see spiritual truths,in so much, but we must do so with much caution, there is no gospel according to Avatar. The movie I stress is there baslcally to entertain, not to promote the gospel or any other religion, If we want truth then we must turn to Gods word, and to Jesus who alone is the truth, so be careful in how you spiritualize things. [ Dear God in a world of much confusion , help us to judge all things according to Your word, and Your Son Jesus , Amen ]

No comments: