verse of the day

Friday 29 January 2010

Rest for sinners[ Matthew 11v28]

We continue to look at Psalm 23, verse 2 reads,He maketh me to lie down in green pastures[av],the NLT version puts it ,He lets me rest in green pastures. We have in these words the idea of resting,very appropriate words for all of us, I am sure the universal cry of mankind is ,I am tired. There is a weariness in life, not just phyisical, but emotional, and spiritual, the unsaved are weary, with the burdens of life, and of sin, and it is the good shepherd , Jesus who says,/Come to Me , all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest/[Matthew 11v28].William C Dix wrote,/ Come unto Me, ye weary, And I will give you rest. O blessed voice of Jesus . Which comes to hearts oppressed. It tells of benediction, Of pardon, grace and peace, Of joy that has no ending, Of love which cannot cease./[ Dear Lord Jesus we thank You that there is a place called Calvary were we can lay the burden of sin down. Amen]

No comments: