verse of the day

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Dont anticipate [Ezra 8 v21-23 ]

I dont know if you are like me , you think about certain situations and you anticipate what may or may not happen, last week I was faced with a certain situation, and my mind ran amok.I must confess I imagined the worst, but it didnt happen, God had done His best to reassure me, but I still imagined the worst. Our Saviour very clearly taught , that we are not to live with worry,[Matthew 6 v34 ]but we do, what if I loose my job?, what if I become unwell?, what if?,our minds often are filled with, What if?. One of the things we must do is to train ourselves to not anticipate the worst, oh yes ,we will know difficulties, but we may not, but whatever we encounter the Lord is with us, to overrule and to undertake.Alfred Smith wrote the following,/ I do not know what lies ahead, the way I cannot see, yet,One stands near to be my guide, He,ll show the way to me. I know who holds the future, and He,ll guide me with His hand, with God things dont just happen, everything by Him is planned. So as I face tomorrow, with its problems large and small, I trust the God of miracles, give to Him my all./[Dear God forgive us for worrying,help us to be more childlike in our relationship with You, and have an attitude of simple trust, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: