verse of the day

Wednesday 27 January 2010

My shepherd [Psalm 23 ]

One of my favorite books in the Bible is the book of Psalms , and one of my favourite Psalms is that old favourite Psalm 23. I have read it many times , and preached on it often. The whole bases of the Psalm is about relationship, David the author knows the Lord personally, he starts by saying the Lord is my shepherd. I often become concerned when people say, I am a , RC/ Cof E/ Baptist, and so on,because that often means very little, and avoids the fact that we need to know the Lord personally, and of course I mean the Lord Jesus. How do get to know the Lord personally?. Well it all starts when we see our need ,that we are lost,that we are sinners,and that we need Jesus to be our Saviour,having seen this we ask Him to save us, and when we do He becomes our Saviour, and then we can say with confidence, the Lord is my shepherd. [Dear Lord Jesus thank You that we can know You personally, when we know You as Saviour Amen ]

No comments: