verse of the day

Wednesday 29 April 2009

We are meant to be different [Matthew 5v 13 -16 ]

We are meant to be different, if we are Christians, but in what way?, when I came back to the Lord, the difference included not smoking, not going to the cinema, avoiding things that were considered worldly. There was also the emphasis on attending church , and becoming involved in church activities, such as prayer meetings, Bible studies, outreach, ,much of this is positive, I dont long for those days, but in many ways I do thank God for them ,and I just wonder if we have lost something along the way?, it does seem these days we are less connected to the body, that is the church. Much has changed in church life, during my life time, a lot of churches are smaller,and appear very ineffective. I hold unto the truth of what Jesus said, He would build His church, and this He will do, so we need not fear as regards His church,, let us seek to be light, and salt, wherever our Lord has placed us,let us pray that our difference , will trully be a Christlike difference.

No comments: