verse of the day

Saturday 4 April 2009

Greater love. [John 15 v 13 ]

Our Saviour said, / There is no greater love than to lay down ones life for ones friends, [John 15 v13 ]/, and then He adds, /You are my friends/. Much is written about love , because love is important, to all of us, we want to be loved, and we desire evidence of being loved.When Jesus died on the cross , He was showing His disciples, that greater love, but not just to His disciples, He was showing every human being, that greater love, He was saying to this world you want evidence of my love, well look to the cross,yes I was showing that greater love to my friends, but I was also declaring that greater love to my enemies ,[ cp Romans 5 v 6-11], in order that they may become my friends. Today Jesus is reaching out His nail scared hands to you ,whoever you are, these hands are hands of love, they come from a heart of greater love, will you simply take that hand and accept Him as your Saviour. [ Dear Lord Jesus it amazes me how much You love us, by going to Calvary and dying on that old rugged cross, help us all to respond to that greater love. Amen ]

No comments: