verse of the day

Sunday 19 April 2009

Need [ Matthew 11 v28 -30 ]

George Herbert the poet ,wrote about God making man, and that restlessness that is within man ,and so he writes,/ Let him be rich and weary, that at least, If goodness lead him not, yet weariness May toss him to My breast. As I observe life I observe many weary souls , although people are blest with many things, yet like the old Rolling Stones number, they cant get no satisfaction. There is an old saying in Ulster where I come from, /There is a want in him/,this can be applied to all humanity, there is a want in them, the great shopping malls are a testimony to the want in mankind, everybody has their want list.Many pray to their god, let me win the lottery, thats what I want. Whats more important is not our wants but our needs, and what we all need is salvation, by trusting Christ , then we need to develop a relationship with Him, this is what we should want more than anything else.[ Dear God in Your mercy grant unto us what we need, be it riches or be it pain, be it sunshine or rain, that Your grand design may be fufilled in our lives, we ask this in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: