verse of the day

Friday 24 April 2009

Can we be sure?[ John 11 v 25 ]

A friend mentioned about death, I dont know if he is a Christian, but I replied to what he said, well thats true ,but I am saved, and then He asked, are you sure?, I said I was, for Jesus said that he was the resurrection and the life that those who believe in Him even though they die , shall live. Yes here is the wonderful truth we can be absolutely certain that we are going to heaven, if we have trusted Jesus as our Saviour. Many live with an uncertainity as regards their eternal destiny, why is that?, because they have never trusted Jesus to save them. My certainty is based upon /a life I did not live, and upon a death I did not die /[these are not my words ], or in the words of the old hymn, / My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness, no merit of my own I claim, but wholly trust in Jesus name/. He is the reason I am absolutely certain I am going to heaven, are you certain ?. [ Father in this world full of uncertainties we thank You that we can know we are saved eternally, when we trust in Jesus Your dear Son, Amen ]

No comments: