verse of the day

Tuesday 21 April 2009

Jesus[ John 21 v 15 -17 ]

Let us stop and ask the question, how much do we love Jesus? do we love Jesus? for that is what the Christian life is about,to know Him is to love Him, to love Jesus is to be loved.What does Jesus mean to you ?,is He just another part of your life or is He your life, how deep is your love for Him?,it is easy to use the word Christian, and not really know Jesus, there will those who will call Jesus Lord,yet Jesus will say I never knew you,[ Matthew 7 v23 ]. Jesus is not standing pointing a finger of condemnation at us, but He is whispering into our hearts love me for I love you, serve Me , love me unreservedly,unreservedly, no excuses, no arguing. To love Jesus appears so simple, and it is , if we are childlike, but so many have lost that childlikeness, if we are to know Jesus we must return to that childlikeness, and then we must never loose that childlikeness, for it is in that childlikeness we express the love that Jesus desires, and most of all recieve His love, to love Him is to know Him.[ My Jesus I love Thee I know Thou art mine, For thee all the pleasures of sin I resign, I love Thee, because Thou hast first loved me, and purchased my pardon on Calvarys tree, I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thou brow. If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus tis now . Amen ]

No comments: