verse of the day

Friday 10 April 2009

The real point of Calvary [ Isaiah 53 ]

I read a daily devotional which was stressing the question of , / Who crucified Jesus? /, to me that is not the vital question, Im not saying it is not important, I believe the more important question is , why was Jesus crucified?. Jesus was crucified on the cross because of His love for humanity, that means you and me. The cross is about dealing with the great problem of sin, your sin and my sin, God loves this world that means you and me, but because of our sin we are alenated from God, we are in a very real sense without God and without hope. In order to deal with this terrible problem God in the person of His son, sent Him into this world, with the purpose of dealing with the sin problem. Sin must be punished, that punishment means eternal seperation from God,so on the cross Jesus bore that punishment, so that all who trust in Jesus as Saviour, are saved from eternal seperation from God. The cross of Jesus opens up the way for God to have a relationship, with humanity,that means you and me, I have to stress the importance of each individual trusting Jesus personally, it only becomes effective when we do this.[God we thank You for sending Your Son into this world to die on the cross for sin , help us to trust in Jesus as our Saviour today Amen ]

No comments: