verse of the day

Monday 20 April 2009

Greatness [ Philippians 2 v 5 - 11 ]

I sometimes watch the Antique Road Show, on T V , people bring all sorts of things, and are given all sorts of imformation about the objects they have brought, but it is the last bit of imformation I want to hear, its value, what is the cost of it. Cost, being a Christian brings a challenge , and its this, the cost, each new day brings the challenge, am I prepared to pay the cost of being a Christian. Consider what our Saviour said,/ The greatest among you must be servant of all. [Matthew 23 v11 ] /, I do struggle with those words, and what they mean for me, and sometimes I resent being a servant, helping others ,working and getting no thanks, why should I give up my bed, why should I , you get the picture. Our blessed Lord was the servant king, how contradictory those words appear, and yet they are so true, He who was King of Kings, became the servant of all, and it cost Him everything, even His very life. [Dear Lord Jesus thank You for being a servant of all, a servant to the ungrateful, unthankful, unlovely,unkind, to our shame we at times struggle to follow in Your footsteps, grant us the grace today to be the servant of all, Amen ]

No comments: