verse of the day

Thursday 9 April 2009

Giving [ Matthew 6 v25-34 ]

I have come to a conclusion, it has taken me many years to come to it, and its this I believe in giving, not tithing, in saying this I know that many will disagree .I believe that tithing is to do with the old covenant, I live under the new covenant,no where does it teach believers to tithe. To tithe is safe , but to believe in giving as is taught in the new covenant, appears more risky, and more challenging, compare Matthew 6 v19- 21/ Luke 6 v38/Mark 12 v41 -44. The giving I am talking about is to do with money, but we can broaden it out to embrace all of life, our time our gifts our abilities. Let me say this we are to be guided by the Spirit of God, and the word of God, we are to prayerfully, commit all things to God. [Dear God help us to rise to what it means to live under the new covenant, help us by Your grace to meet every challenge of this day, and to respond to those challenges as our Saviour would have us to do Amen ].

No comments: