verse of the day

Saturday 8 November 2014

Our needs [ Psalm 23 v1 ]

Yesterday we considered the words of Philippians 4 v19,/My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus,/We sought to apply this to mans greatest need ,forgiveness,that God will delight
to grant mercy,for he is a God who delights in shewing mercy[ Micah 7 v18 ] Now while that is true He will also meet our need materially.C H Spurgeon wrote,I have a great need for Christ,and I have a great Christ for my need./ So let us apply it now to our present need.One day many years ago when my then wife and I were living by faith,then we had three children,A  man called at our home with a large box of groceries,he had been asked to deliver them, he would not say who they were from , but it was the Lords provision.I love the words that the prophet spoke to a poor widow in relation to her need being met,/Fot thus saith the Lord God of Israel,the barrel of meal shall not waste,neither shall the cruise of oil fail,until the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth/  [Read about this in 1 Kings 17] A wonderful example of God meeting the need of three people.
A prayer.
Dear God thank You for Your faithfulness at all times in supplying all our
needs by Christ Jesus our Lord.Amen.







No comments: