verse of the day

Sunday 9 November 2014

Our need [ 1 Timothy 6 v 8 ]

.We live in a very discontented world,and we as Christians must be careful not to be sucked into worldly discontentment. We have been thinking on Philippians 4 v19, which assures us that God will meet our need through His son Jesus. Consider that word need ,as I look back on my life, especially when one was living by faith,God met our needs,my children never went hungry,sometimes we came near to it,but God always met our need.People would pass on second hand clothes,we did not have a car,but God met our need.Someone said to me that I was poor,poor in his eyes but God still met out need.So often I claimed that promise Philippians 4 v19,and proved it to be true, I am very grateful for all Gods provision,in meeting my need.This morning as I went to meet make my breakfast,,I usually have porridge ,and as I looked in the container where we keep the porridge oats, there was just enough for my breakfast  ,and I again remembered that story of the widow woman and Elijah [1 Kings 17 ], All she had was a little meal and some oil,but she had more ,she had a promise from God that her need would be met,and it was.
A  prayer.... /Dear God save us from being ungrateful,because You have just supplied our need,let us be content and grateful for Your faithfulness,
in Jesus name. Amen /

No comments: