verse of the day

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Eternal glories shine afar [John 14 v1-6 ]

I met my old barber recently, when he would cut my hair ,we would talk ,he
would tell me how he suffered form constant headaches,and so when I met him,I asked him about his headaches,he replied nothing had changed.He also would tell me of the lovely holidays he went on,but not now,his wife was poorly,and needed cared for,he jokingly said that old age was taking its toll on them,and they were wearing out.Well  I said as a Christian, the best is yet to be,yes the best is yet to be.The non Christians, hopes,and desires,even as to this life, can soon leave them,money may be a bit of consolation,but it may not be,and as someone once said there are no pockets in a shroud.The great apostle Paul wrote , if in this life only we have hope in Christ,we are of all men most miserable[1 Corinthians 15 v 19] For the Christian the best is yet to be,for when we die glory awaits us,I can only imagine ,how wonderful it will be.
A  prayer.
 Dear God we thank You that as Christians, the best,the very best is yet to be,because of Jesus.Amen /

No comments: