verse of the day

Sunday 16 November 2014

Man know thyself [ Romans 5 v 20]

An elderly Christian  said to their pastor,why are you always telling us about sin?,now I know  that pastor,he is a good faithful servant of Christ,but such is the foolishness of that person,to say that to him. As I look back in my life I can see so many things,that reveal my sinfulness,I know how easy it is to be drawn into sexual sin,of all sorts,I know how easily it would be to become addicted to perversion. I know how easily it would be in a fit of temper to murder someone,we can so easily move into the dark side of our
sinful nature,and yet I know it only in part,as scripture tells us,/the heart is deceitful above all things,and desperately wicked,who can know it ?/[Jeremiah 17 v9 ].None of us know the depths we can sink to, only God
.There is an African saying which goes,the Christian stands on two legs,the  grace of  God, and the mercy of God.Yes I am a sinner ,to think otherwise is foolish and dangerous, man know thyself,and know that we should never underestimate our sinful nature,and underestimate the mercy and grace of  God to forgive our sins,to deliver us from sin, and to keep us from sin,through His Son Jesus.
                                      A  prayer
Dear God we praise You for Your grace and mercy,that saves,delivers,and
 keeps us,in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: