verse of the day

Sunday 27 January 2013

We leak [ Ephesians 4 v23]

I wonder are you worried about the future? I must confess that there are things that concern me as to my future,next year I will be seventy,and the question is should I retire?,and if I  do,what will I do?. Another thing that concerns me,will I be able to support Gods work financially?what am I saying?, I am the guy who has been writing all those bloggs,I am a preacher,and yet I am voicing concerns.The fact of the matter is I am just like you,D L  Moody,said about being filled with the Spirit,  that he leaked. I suppose what I am saying is,that the life of faith is ongoing,it is a continual process,each new day ,requires new faith,and so it will continue, old Jacob felt overwhelmed to the point of declaring,that everything was against him [Genesis 43 v36],Elijah the powerful man of prayer,fell into a deep depression,and wished himself dead[1 Kings 19].There are many others we could mention,you and I are no different,we will not always be filled with faith,we do leak,and the lesson we need to learn continually is a continual reliance upon God.,it is possible to fall at the last hurdle,as it is the first.So we must go forward yes in much weakness,depending upon the grace of God,boasting excluded, only confident in our Saviour the author and finisher of our faith
A  prayer....../Dear God help us each day to be renewed by Your Spirit, that will enable us to be over comers, and not to be overcome in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: