verse of the day

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Rescue the perishing. [ Isaiah 6 v 8 ]

I have just finished listening to ,/Sinners in the hands of an angry God,  by Jonathan Edwards/, my what a solemn sermon it is,the most solemn one I have ever heard. It brings afresh the scriptural realities of  Gods final judgement,that is awesome,and so serious,of course it is not a subject that many preach on, I wonder why?. It left me thankful that I am saved, and have not been appointed unto wrath [1 Thessalonians 5 v9 ], and gives me a greater concern for the lost. There is no need to panic but there is a need to tell others about Christ,who alone can save from hell and eternal judgement. This is not as easy as one thinks,but God can help us by His Spirit,to speak the words of life,to those who lost, in doing this we need to pray,and be led by the Spirit. The day of salvation has not passed,God is still saving people,my son Brian told me of a church in London were a 1000 people are doing the Alpha course,pray about this. I read this morning of souls being saved in the state of Orissa in India,the church there has experienced severe persecution,but God is still saving.Let us remember that everyone needs to be saved without exception, and in spite of our weakness God can use us,indeed because of our weakness,God will use us.
A  prayer..../Dear God we pray that You may use us in telling others about Jesus grant that we will be willing to be used, in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: