verse of the day

Saturday 5 January 2013

Discerning Gods will. [1 John 5 v14 ]

 Not feeling so well today,have a tummy bug,I am also diabetic,and have a  few other things wrong with me,so what do we do with sickness?,it is a subject that brings with it more questions than answers. We know that Christ healed, and it goes without saying ,God can heal,so if He can ,why does He not ,should all of Gods children, not be walking about with perfect health?.Did not our Saviour say that  His disciples would do greater works,and if we ask anything , in His name, He would do it[John 14 v13-14 ]. I know three Christians who have cancer,one is a young lad,so should one not pray for their healing and expect it to happen?.The questions go on and on,and we could become very frustrated, and even discouraged,because people are not healed,should we not just  accept the fact that we will become ill,we will die, and leave it that?. In a book advertised by a Bob Gass,it reads ,/You can be healed/, and underneath we read,/ God still heals today/.I believe God if He chooses will heal , of this I am certain. Recently a person told me about going to a faith healer,you know I do not read anywhere in the Bible the term faith healer,I do read of people being healed, by people of faith ,and faith they have exercised themselves.Christ our dear Saviour healed but He was not a faith healer,nor were any of the apostles faith healers. The Lord told His disciples to do it freely[Matthew 10 v 8],lifting donations,or collecting money, is not allowed,even Elisha knew this[ 2 Kings 5 ],it is so easy to take advantage of vunerable people. Now I really don't think we should relegate miracles to the Bible,nor do I mean to discourage anybody from looking  to God for a miracle,but it seems to me we must some how seek Gods will for our situations, be it for healing,financial,or whatever.
A  prayer......./ Dear God ,we believe, with You all things are possible, help us to discern Your will in all things, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: