verse of the day

Monday 7 January 2013

Pressing on. [ Philippians 3 v 13-14]

Winston Churchill said many quotable things here is something I read recently, /He is an unwise man who thinks, that there is any certain method of winning this war ,the only plan is to  persevere/ It is a good old term perseverance, and I believe we have to realise this, that the only way we can live the Christian life is by perseverance ,that means at times digging in, it means doggedly going forward, when it appears easier to give up. The sad thing is, there are those who do, like Demas, who got beguiled by this present world [2 Timothy 4 v10],I remember when I was a youngster,parting from Christ,I remember it as if was yesterday,some worldly pleasure became more attractive than actually following Christ.I found out that all that glittered was not gold. I still get tempted, but hopefully I will not make the same mistake twice,and of course the Lord did eventually restore me to himself. Isn't it wonderful to realise that although we give up on the Lord He does not give up on us,I an gratefully say He restored my soul.Whatever may cause us to give up,remember it is absolute folly to leave the safest,and surest way of life, following Jesus. Consider   Moses ,in Hebrews 11 we read,/That he  chose to suffer ,than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season., many of our dear Christian family,could have it easier if they refused to suffer,but like Moses they believe it better to suffer for the sake of Christ,and in that they saw a greater reward.Let us remember the cross now, but the crown later.
A  prayer..../ Dear God grant us the grace to persevere in Jesus name  Amen/

No comments: