verse of the day

Thursday 31 January 2013

The shield of faith. [ Luke 17 v 5 ]

Above all, taking the shield of faith,wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked[Ephesians 6 v16 ] In Hebrews 11 we have a list of Biblical heroes,men and women,why are the mentioned?,because they were people of faith. We will not go anywhere in our walk with God unless we go by faith,  my youngest son phoned to say he had lost his job.I sought to encourage him, and I prayed with him,and as I was going to bed,thinking of my dear sons situation, I heard God saying ,trust me,and I smiled, and said I would .What did I do?, I took the shield of faith, I held it up, trusting in God to undertake for my boy.We are told about the enemy coming in like a flood[Isaiah 59 v19],yes we have an enemy, never forget this, but don't be afraid,the shield of faith can quench all the fiery darts he throws at us. Have Faith in God,and His word,the God who delivered Paul in a storm when all thought they would perish , is the God who can deliver every child of God in every situation,I love the words spoken by Paul in the midst of that storm we read about in Acts27,when he told them, that all on that ship would be saved,he declares ,for I believe God,that it shall be even as it was told me[ v25]in other words he was holding up the shield of faith, and so it came to pass.
A  prayer...../Dear God help us to walk by faith,help us when the enemy of our soul attacks us to have faith,and so overcomes his lies and deceitfulness in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: