verse of the day

Friday 4 January 2013

God mercies. [ Psalm 147 v 11 ]

I usually have porridge each morning for breakfast,I have never had a day without something to eat,when I was young things were  difficult.My mother and father broke up and my mum had to care for the four of us. In those days there was not much sympathy for women who left there husbands,and so she never received much help. We managed,just about,there was no pocket money, in fact there was hardly any money, but in Gods mercy we never went to bed hungry, my three brothers all shared the one bed,we lived in what was called a kitchen house,which had two small bedrooms,a little living room,a very small scullery, and an outside toilet. Such was the nature of our lives ,one had to just get on with things,I never liked school,but am grateful for what I did manage to learn,the basic three Rs.As I look back I am grateful to God,for preserving my family and me,yes things could have been better, but also things could have been worse.I have mentioned the mercy of God, and would encourage you to not dwell on, the difficulties of life,whatever they be,and give thanks for His mercy upon your life. Jeremiah declared, / It is of the Lords mercies that we are not consumed[Lamentations 3 v22]. None of us deserve anything, but God is merciful,let me repeat this, God is merciful, let us all be grateful for the mercy of God.
A  prayer....Dear God help us in our difficult experiences not to murmur, but to praise You for mercy, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: