verse of the day

Thursday 3 January 2013

All things. [ Romans 8 v28 [AV ]

I am back at work  after the Christmas break,I work with people who suffer from mental illness, I have been doing this work for 21 yrs, I have always enjoyed my work,and I praise God for opening the door into this calling. There was a time when the only work I wanted to do was to be a minister,or a missionary,I  had attended Bible college with a real sense of Gods call upon my life. My wife and I applied to different missions ,but every door shut,I eventually managed a Christian bookshop,but it eventually closed,had a time of unemployment,and then came to live in England,to pastor a small evangelical church. I did this for about 3 yrs then resigned, but I continued to look only for Christian ministry,to no avail, again a time of unemployment. I did voluntary work during that time in a Christian bookshop.Along side that my personal circumstances were difficult, my first wife had died and I had remarried,so I saw a job as a cleaner,applied for it, and got the job. I worked at that for about 3yrs until I applied for my present job,as I have said ,I have always enjoyed this work. In all these things God has taught me lessons,and I can see His over ruling providence,and His guiding hand.I have never lost the call of God upon my life to preach,and God I believe has honoured this.
A prayer.../ Dear God help us trust in you at all times,when our circumstances are difficult,when doors close,in our disappointments,help us to hold unto the truth that all things are working together for our good, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: