verse of the day

Monday 28 January 2013

The armour of God. [ Ephesians 6 v 11ff]

I just heard something that caused me to feel a bit annoyed,so what does one do?,well as I write this I prayed about it,told God how I feel,when things happen often unexpectedly,our first port of call should be prayer. The word of God tells us that the devil can take advantage of situations [2 Corinthians 2 v11],and of us,if we are not careful. If satan gets in he can cause so much trouble, so much hurt,to churches, to marriages,to friendships,he is just waiting an opportunity.We need to put on the whole armour of God if we are going to stand against the wiles of the devil[Ephesianns 6 v11ff]. Consider, it stresses the whole armour,we dare not neglect to leave any part of this armour of, for that leaves us unprotected,from his firey darts..Let us begin to consider this armour ,/v14/having your loins girt with  truth/it seems to me what we are being told here,is the importance of truth,the word of God.One old commentator writes,/we are not to be satisfied with holding the truth,we must let the truth hold us/.Just this week I heard on the radio a program where a minister let weird religious groups,become involved in his services.The world will applaud  him,the devil will rejoice, because the truth is being blurred,and people will be brought into confusion. That there is only one God, only one way to be saved,are truths that we must not compromise on, we will never go wrong /if we are encircled by the truth/,so says the same old commentator, and he is absolutely right.
A  prayer....Dear God let Your truth take hold me,let me never to forsake Your truth in Jesus name . Amen/

No comments: