verse of the day

Monday 14 January 2013

The genuine article [ John 1 v 1-13 ]

I saw this watch for sale, at our local market,I liked the look of it,it was inexpensive,so I bought it,to add to my collection of watches. One day when one of my boys was visiting ,he said that's an Armani watch,and so he looked at,and sure enough,it had all the marking of an Armani watch. So I had acquired a watch worth possible a couple of hundred pounds,for a few pounds,or had I?.Well it just so happens my oldest boy had an Armani watch, so I compared my watch with his, and it was obvious, mine was a copy,it wasn't a true Armani watch, it wasn't the genuine article.Now I didn't buy it because it was an Armani watch I bought it because I liked the look of it,it makes no difference to me one way or the other,after all it is only a watch.But when it comes to being called a Christian ,it is absolutely vital that we are the genuine article,being a Christian goes further than having a name.It goes further than going to church,it goes further than praying,it goes further than being born into a so called Christian country,or family,it goes further than a label. Jesus said to a very religious person,you must be born again[John 3v7],as we have born physically,so Jesus tells us we must be born again,or from above.[3v6].  In John 1 v12,we are told how we can experience the new birth,/as many as receive Christ to them gave He the right or privilege to be called a Christian,a child of God.
A  prayer.../Dear God help us to examine ourselves as to whither we are  in the faith or not in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: