verse of the day

Sunday 6 January 2013

A place of repentance. [ Hebrews 4 v 15-16]

Because of our inconsistencies we will feel condemned,their are times that I fail to be the Christian I should be,as I look back,I  remember temper out bursts,that truly dishonoured the Lord,and yes there are other things.Like the great apostle I confess that I am not perfect [Philippians 3 v12],in the ongoing to path of life,with all its pitfalls, sometimes I fall. In Proverbs 24 v16,we read,/ For a just man falleth seven times,and riseth up again/,it is dear old Matthew Henry, who comments on this,/The just man falls seven times perhaps,sins of infirmity,through the surprise of temptation, but he rises again by repentance,finds mercy with God,and regains his peace/ The word of God assures us,that if we confess our sins,He [God] is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,and to cleanse us from all unrigtheousness[ 1 John 1 v9 ].I look forward to Heaven when there will be no temptations,no falling,no sinning, in all its different colours,but while here, we will yield to temptation,this is not our desire,but it is a reality,nor am I saying we should make it an excuse for sinning.Simply put, if I sin I need not despair ,God has made a place for repentance and forgiveness,through our great high priest, even Jesus.
A prayer..../ Merciful God forgive us our sins,restore us to fellowship with You in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: