verse of the day

Monday 9 April 2012

A waste. [ John 12 v24 ]

I follow a football team, just on the TV,called Manchester United,and one of things we remember about this team ,was a plane disaster in which most of team perished,such a tragedy and it was such a waste. And yet from the ashes of that disaster they have become one of the best teams in the world,and they gave me great pleasure,I wonder would they be the team they are now, if they had not had that loss?, I dont thing so.I heard someone yesterday say in relation to my Saviour, the young Jesus, those words touched me, for He was young, and the fact that He died so young would, and did appear a tragedy and waste,to His followers.When he told his disciples He was going to die,Peter especially protested and had the audacity to rebuke Him [ Mark 8 v32 ].It was a tragedy that the Jewish leaders, and the Roman authorities, had Christ crucified, but it was not a waste. Our Saviour was totally aware that He must die, and never saw it as a waste,He made it clear that unless He died,it would be a waste, and a tragedy for us, for no one would have been saved, not one person, and think of the terrible consquences of that.
A prayer.../ Dear God we thank You for Jesus Your son who laid down His young life for us Amen /

No comments: