verse of the day

Monday 23 April 2012

True love [1 Corthians 13 ]

I am listening to a song as I sit here and hear the words,/ look at what love has done,it has made a slave of me/,words about a love for a woman.There is so much written ,and sung about love,I wonder what  you think about love?,in general,I pray for many people,but why to I pray for them?.Why do I give gifts to people?,or to the church I attend,why do I do the work I do, working among the mentally ill?,why do I ,and so we could go on the list is endless.Why did God send His son into this world ?and of course the answer is LOVE, for God is love, imagine a world in which He withdrew that love. Love suffereth long, I was going to use a different word, but I feel that word suffereth,is so appropriate to describe what it means to love,if you have a difficult child, or are in a difficult marriage,or been hurt by a friend,you are suffering. Consider our fellow Christians who are enduring so much pain,they know what it means to suffer, day after day, and for some it will end in death,and in the midst of all suffering,the challenge is to love,to serve those who least deserve our service,to bless those who curse us.
A prayer...../ Dear God of love, grant to us the grace by Your Spirit to love we ask this in the name of Jesus, the son of Thy love Amen /

No comments: