verse of the day

Monday 16 April 2012

My times are in His hands. [Psalm 121 ]

Last week while I visited a shopping area,I was crossing the road, I could see a car waiting to pull out, I did not anticipate any danger,but suddenly the car car came right at me,on reflection they had not seen me, but fortunately before I was hit, the car braked.I must confessed It shook me up I do believe the driver was at fault, but the most important thing was I escaped being hurt,or even killed. As I reflect on my life I can think of the times I have been spared injury and yes even death.In Psalm 97 v 10, we read, /He preserveth the souls of His saints/,I am 68 years of age how have I lived so long?,consider the possibilities in life that could destroy us,illness, travel,the list is endless, the only conclusion is ,that God in His mercy has preserved us. As a child of God I believe my times are in His hands, all my times, that includes life and death, I will not die until He chooses.W.F. Lloyd wrote
My times are in Thy hands,my God I wish them there.
My life,my friends, my soul I leave, entirely to Thy care
A prayer...../Dear God we praise You that our times are in Your hands,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: