verse of the day

Saturday 14 April 2012

The unexpected. [1 Peter 3 v15 ]

I was on the phone talking to a young man called Alec,I was seeking to renew our home insurance, and I was very happy with the quote he gave me. He was asking me for my bank details ,and he asked me how was my name appeared on my debit card,I told him it was the ,Rev W . A. Heasley.He was surprised at this, but it opened the way to an interesting conversation,when I was able to witness to him,about being a Christian.He mentioned that he had studied a bit about Christianity, at university, and he had a friend who said he had a revelation that changed his life,when he became a Christian.I said that people dont all have the same experience in becoming a Christian. I stressed that there is a simplicity in coming to Christ , and told him how Jesus stressed the importance of becoming as a little child, and thats when I first trusted Jesus. I said a few other things and he thanked me,it is lovely whan Christ gaves one the opportunity to witness to someone unexpectedly, do pray for that young man that he may come to know the Saviour
A prayer..../ Dear God help to be always ready to give a reason for the hope we have in Jesus, and we pray for Alec that You would save him, in Jesus name Amen /.

No comments: