verse of the day

Sunday 22 April 2012

God is patient. [ Revelation 13 v10 ]

I was waiting in a queue at the bank,and I asked myself why is it some people appear to take forever when I am waiting?, while I was debating it with myself, I heard a little voice say ,be patient. Then I asked the Lord why are You always telling me to be patient?,well you can imagine,what the answer may have been.. Take a moment to consider how patient God is, with this world ,and with you and I, oh yes He is.When one becomes a Chriatian ,it should cause us to look at life differently,and hopefully to act and think differently. Let me assure you that waiting in a queue is a minor thing in life, compared to what God has to put up with,we cannot fully appreciate,or comprehend Gods patience.From the moment mankind went astray in the garden of Eden, God has been patiently seeking and speaking, and the majority of people ignor Him. Even with those who know Him,consider how patient he was  with Israel the chosen people, continually they  grieved Him ,with their backsliding, the writer of the epistle of the Hebrews declares,/your fathers tempted Me,, proved Me, and saw My works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation/[ Hebrews 3 v10 -11 ]We need to to be very, very grateful that God is patient,on a personal  level, God has been very patient with me, when I look back  I observe so many  aspects of my life, that must have grieved God, yet He remained faithful, and still does.So if  we want to be like Jesus, well one very important aspect  is being patient, so let us stop our complaining , and be grateful that we dont have to put up, with what God has to put up with.
A prayer..../ Dear God remind us, that You desire us to be patient ,we thank and praise You forYour  amazing patience, towards the world in general,to Your church,and especially to me,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: