verse of the day

Saturday 7 April 2012

Inbetween days. [Luke 24 v13 -33 ]

I am listening to a song as I write, the words go/,Only by grace can we enter/, how welcome those words are, I am ever so grateful that it is not by performance,religious or otherwise. Especially not our feelings, unfortunately so many of us our ruled by our feelings,take this morning, I did not feel like praying, felt my concentration was poor,yet I prayed,for I know how vital prayer is for ourselves and others.Consider, this is the inbetween day ,yesterday was good Friday, tomorrow is resurrection day,but what about the inbetween day?. How did those early disciples feel? by all accounts they were in no mans land, were they still in the old covenant, or the new covenant?.What about Jesus, He was dead, was it all over?,how would you have felt in that situation?, Of course the coming day would change everything,but until then,what?. So what do we do in our inbetween days?, when we feel our world has collapsed,which brings us full circle,/Only by grace can we enter/. What do I need in the inbetween days?, the grace of God,when the one we love is taken,when we are having to endure the pain of loss,just simply rest in His arms of grace,remember tomorrow is resurrection day.
A prayer...../ Dear God help us in our inbetween days ,carry us through by Your lovely grace, in our lovely Saviours name we ask this Amen /

No comments: