verse of the day

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Who cleared up?.[ John 13 v 3-17 ]

I was looking at my daughter-in laws blog ,and on it she asked a question, who did all the clearing up after after Jesus fed the 5.000? well the answer is the disciples. [John 6v 12] The fact of the matter is ,being a servant is part of being a Christian, we do need ,to some extent be like Martha,without the complaining.[ Luke 10v 38-42 ]. My serving is mainly connected with my work, I work with people with mental illness,but I also serve in my home ,have I a servants heart?. We are all called to serve in different ways, we must not judge others, but just get on with what we have to do [ Romans 14 v10-12 ] Our dear Saviour said that true greatness is to be found in serving[ Luke 22v26],the poet said something interesting ,that those whose stand and wait can be also be considered servants. Our Saviour did not only talk about serving ,He practiced what He preached [ John 13 v 3-17 ], let us follow in His footsteps. [ Dear God help me to be servant, be it at the sink,or in the pulpit, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: