verse of the day

Thursday 30 December 2010

Seeking . [ Luke 15 ]

I was thinking of those words in Romans 3 v11,/There is none that seeketh after God/, here ,it is speaking of the natural man, in other words all humankind.It is not that humankind are not seeking,we are all seeking , but the question is what are we seeking?,sin has so blinded our eyes we seek everything and anything ,except Jesus. Most people are seeking happiness, security,but not God,we live in a secular society, secular means, relating to worldy, as opposed to sacred things, that sums up the society we live in. The words of an old hymn come to mind,/I sighed for rest and happpiness, I yearned for them, not Thee./This is the experience of so many people,this is the lost generation,it is a tragedy, but here is the good news there is a Saviour and He is seeking, if you are not saved ,He is seeking you in all your lost condition,in all your emptiness, seeking to save you, will you respond to Him and accept Him as your Saviour.[Dear God for to long I have sought for the things of time,right now I turn to You, and ask Jesus to be my Saviour. Amen ]

No comments: