verse of the day

Thursday 2 December 2010

Slippery places. [ Psalm 73 ]

I will try not to mention the weather,although yesterday my car could not move, I was on ice ,and my tyres just kept spinning, eventually I managed to get moving.The problem with snow it turns to ice,which makes it very slippery, which reminds me of what the Psalmist wrote in Psalm 73. The Psalmist is facing a crises, he is struggling to understand why, people who dont take God into account, prosper,they are often wicked, and have no fear of God. He felt like giving up, it seemed to him ,that inspite of the fact ,he sought God,he experienced nothing but pain and heartache. I wonder do you ever think like this, you look at life and you say to yourself whats the use, you look at the many around you who dont give a thought for God, and yet they appear to get on alright, yet you struggle. The Psalmist did something very important v17 -18, he sought God, and as he did, he declares,/ Then understood I their end. Surely Thou didst set them in slippery places, Thou castest them down into destruction./ The non Christian only lives for the here and now,they do not realize that after death the judgement. [ Dear God help me not to envy the non Christian, help me to see their end is destruction, the loss of their soul, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: