verse of the day

Friday 3 December 2010

Rubbish [ Psalm 139 v23-24 ]

Recently I expressed my desire to find a book written by favourite author ,and what do you think ,I found one,and have started reading it. We all have desires, for money , well the list is endless, I have a desire for a number of things, legitimate things, I have and am praying about them, will God give me the desire of my heart?.The Psalmist David had a desire for God [Psalm 27v4 ], how is our desire for God?, do we love Him, more and more ?, instead of walking with Him,or are we just paying Him fleeting visits, even those are becoming less and less. Is our vision taken up with Him ?, or is it becoming less clear. I recently had my eyes tested,the floaters in my eyes appeared to have increased, there was no serious problem , the person who tested my eyes , used the word rubbish to describe what was affecting my sight.So often it is rubbish that effects our relationship with God, it was the optician who recognised the rubbish, sometimes we dont see what is affecting our relationship with God, but we have one who does, He is the Holy Spirit, let us ask Him to reveal the rubbish in our lives, and let us also ask for the grace to deal with this rubbish.[ Dear God open my eyse to see those things that are rubbish in my life, and help me to get rid of them in Jesus name. Amen ]

No comments: