verse of the day

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Hold Thou my hand.[ Isaiah 41 v10 ]

Imagine being a little child ,and you feel afraid ,you have got separated from your mum or dad, you feel all alone, you are crying ,and a big friendly police man comes along ,speaks words of assurance, says, take my hand and we will go and find your parents. This morning mybe you feel like that little child ,you are anxious, afraid, and alone ,you feel like crying,yes big people cry,even Christians of many years cry. Well this morning as I prayed, the words of a hymn, came to me,and I prayed those words,/ Hold Thou my hand, so weak I am and helpless. I dare not take one step without Thy aid. Hold Thou my hand, for then O loving Saviour. No dread of ill shall make my soul afraid./ Our Saviour said the following, that we are in His hands we are safe and secure,[ John 10 v27-30 ] that all will be well, so dry your tears, hold unto Your Saviours hands, and all will be well.[ Dear Saviour , /Hold Thou my hand ,and closer ,closer draw me . To Thy dear self, my hope, my joy,my all. Hold Thou my hand, lest haply I should wander,And missing Thee, my trembling feet should fall, Amen] [ Words of hymn G J Frances]

No comments: