verse of the day

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Eternal values[ 1Corinthians 4v18 ]

Well for me and many others it is back to work, we have had our turkey,tinsel and gifts, our family get togethers, what are we going to do with those gifts?. Now we are heading with great speed towards the end of this year,soon 2010 will just be a memory, as I get older, time appears to pass so quickly, I have not reached the old persons point where the years pass quickly, and the days slowly, or maybe I have and I am not aware of it. One thing I see ,life is not a rehersal, we have only one shot at it,we cannot go back and live those pass events, only Doctor Who can do this, but for us ,we only have the here and now.As I write this blog, I am listening to an old gospel song, reminding me of this fact,/that there is a better home awaiting in the sky Lord./The Bible tells us that the things that are seen are temporal,and the things that are not seen are eternal [2 Corinthians 4v 18 ].Today the challenge is to live this life in the light of eternity, to not miss the opportunity of trusting Jesus as our saviour, and then to serve Him, to realize that it is only whats done for Christ will last.[ Dear God help us to know Your son Jesus ,and to serve Him,to live with eternal values in view, in Jesus name we ask this Amen ]

No comments: