verse of the day

Thursday 16 December 2010

Heaven here I come [John 14 v1-6 ]

I was watching a TVprogram, and in it,a long lost sister returns home, and as she comes up to the family home, there is a sign over the door ,which reads, /Welcome home Beth/. This made me think of heaven, my homeland,and I found myself thinking,will there be a sign up that says welcome home Billy?,I hope so. While this life is important,and we all should see it as important, yet there is a greater reality, heaven,of which every child of God is a citizen [Philippians 3 v20 ]. I dont appreciate those words by John Lennon, /Imagine theres no heaven/,because there is a heaven ,a land that is fairer than day, and by faith I can see it afar, and one day soon I am going there,and in the words of an old hymn, Oh that will be Glory for me ,Glory for me Glory for me ,when by His grace I shall look on His face that will be Glory, be Glory for me/, Heaven here I come.[ Dear heavenly Father, I thank you that I am Your child , and that one day I am going to Heaven, to be with You ,and Your dear Son Jesus Amen ]

No comments: